Announcing: ANEP-enabled Tcpdump

The Utah Janos Team would like to announce the availability of
extensions to Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory's Tcpdump (version 3.4)
that enable Active Network Encapsulation Protocol (ANEP) packet
parsing.

Tcpdump prints packet headers seen on a network interface if the
packet's header matches a specified boolean expression. More
information about tcpdump can be found at:

	http://www-nrg.ee.lbl.gov/nrg.html

Information about ANEP can be found at

	http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~switchware/ANEP/

Our extensions required no modification to build files. Any
platform that compiles LBL's original tcpdump source should be able
to build our modified version. Please note that tcpdump requires
the libpcap library, available at the LBL URL above.

All of the ANANA-assigned numbers are included in the extensions.
All packets may be parsed as ANEP packets by using tcpdump's "-T"
option:

	tcpdump -T anep -s 80 host kamas

Our ANEP-enabled tcpdump can be found at:

	http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/janos/

Please direct any questions or comments to
janos-discuss@flux.cs.utah.edu.

- The Janos Team