ANN: New Moab Release

			     Moab NodeOS
			    -------------

We are pleased to announce a new snapshot of Moab, the Janos NodeOS.
Moab is the lowest layer of Janos and essentially implements the draft
NodeOS specification.  Moab has been tested with the OSKit running on
bare hardware (both x86- and ARM-based) and on top of several Unix-like
environments (Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD).

New in this version:

 * Improved channel support using Click (not usable til we get our Click
   changes released RSN).

 * Configure time choice of API ``style.''

 * Support for polling (as opposed to interrupt driven) in network
   interfaces.

 * Further NodeOS spec compliance in the areas of logging, demuxkeys
   and events.

 * Added assorted new test EEs.  In particular, examples of the use
   of Click-based channels and a prototype of the ``Active Doom''
   protocol described in an SOSP 2001 WIP session.

 * The inevitable, continuing cleanup of source code.

 * Fix old bugs, introduce new ones.

See the README file or the web pages for full status and details of
what is new.

In order to use Moab with the OSKit, you need at least the February 14, 2001
OSKit snapshot or the newer March 17, 2002 snapshot.  Both are available
at http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/.

Moab is licensed under the GNU GPL and can be downloaded from:
	http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/janos/

Send questions or comments to janos-discuss@flux.cs.utah.edu,
or look at our Web site at http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/janos/

---