from Vishal ( regarding tests on Janos)

					Vishal Zinjuvadia
					Research Assistant
					Advisor: Dr. Gary Minden
					University of Kansas

Dr. Patrick:

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply to my question regarding installing
Janos. I could manage getting the sample tests run using instructions
given by you. But now I am facing one more difficulty. While executing
"ping.start" from commandline, in the
/users/zvishal/janos/janos-991004/test/java/ants directory, the two
xterms do appear, but I get following exceptions:

Root flow in effect.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java)
        at
utah.janos.core.FlowClassLoader.addClass(FlowClassLoader.java:76)
        at utah.janos.core.Flow.addClass(Flow.java:170)
        at utah.janos.ants.ants.CodeGroup.activate(CodeGroup.java:215)
        at utah.janos.ants.ants.Protocol.activate(Protocol.java:261)
        at
utah.janos.ants.ants.PrimordialNode.start(PrimordialNode.java:183)
        at
utah.janos.ants.ants.ConfigurationManager.run(ConfigurationManager.java:312)
        at utah.janos.core.FlowInitializer.run(FlowInitializer.java:108)
        at utah.janos.core.NativeThread.run(NativeThread.java:104)
PANIC: Builtin protocol setup failure.
java.lang.Throwable
        at utah.janos.core.Debug.printStackTrace(Debug.java:321)
        at utah.janos.core.Debug.dPanic(Debug.java:396)
        at utah.janos.core.Debug.fatalException(Debug.java:328)
        at
utah.janos.ants.ants.PrimordialNode.start(PrimordialNode.java:200)
        at
utah.janos.ants.ants.ConfigurationManager.run(ConfigurationManager.java:312)
        at utah.janos.core.FlowInitializer.run(FlowInitializer.java:108)
        at utah.janos.core.NativeThread.run(NativeThread.java:104)
Debug.exit() invoked by Primoridal Node Flow

and the same thing happens for all the three interfaces which are
instantiated.

kill: No job matches pattern.

This follows the exceptions at the host where ping.start is executed.

There seems to be a small error somewhere and I am not being able to
figure it out.

The configuration I am using is :

Red hat linux ,
JDK 1.1.6 ,

I would be thankful to you if you could suggest where I am going wrong.

Yours truly,

Vishal