build problem

Hello,

I'm having a little problem building janos.
After doing configure, when I did "build" this message poped up.

SRC_DIR=/home/guests/seungyi/janos-991105/java;  BUILD=debug;
DEST_DIR='/home/guests/seungyi/janos-991105/java/classes-debug'
All directories exist.
Compiling core package
Warning: JIT compiler "javac" not found. Will use interpreter.
Usage: javac <options> <source files>

where <options> includes:
  -g                     Generate all debugging info
  -g:none                Generate no debugging info
  -g:{lines,vars,source} Generate only some debugging info
  -O                     Optimize; may hinder debugging or enlarge class files
  -nowarn                Generate no warnings
  -verbose               Output messages about what the compiler is doing
  -deprecation           Output source locations where deprecated APIs are used
  -classpath <path>      Specify where to find user class files
  -sourcepath <path>     Specify where to find input source files
  -bootclasspath <path>  Override location of bootstrap class files
  -extdirs <dirs>        Override location of installed extensions
  -d <directory>         Specify where to place generated class files
  -encoding <encoding>   Specify character encoding used by source files
  -target <release>      Generate class files for specific VM version
gmake: *** [.compile_core] Error 255

It seems to me that I need something more to build this package other than
current JDK 1.2.2 installation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--