Re: regarding JANOS recent release

Hi, again !!!

Patrick Tullmann wrote:

> Does means that current Java version will not supported or enhanced
> with OS level services ?

The pure-Java version will never have resource controls.  It will
however be compatible with future versions of Janos.  (E.g., we will
be migrating the pure-Java code to take advantage of the NodeOS-in-C
implementation.  That should require no changes to the Java
interfaces.)

OK. This is enough by now to me. All I need is a Java interface to NodeOS services implementation. On the future, as you said, we'll need resource control. By now I have  problems compiling current version of Janos. All .class files are generated in ~Janos/java so compilation don't progress. Have anybody some idea that avoids me look at the makefiles?

More data (compilation output):

>Compiling io package
>Preprocessing /home/ulyses/tesis/UTAH/janos-991105/java/route/AddressFactory.Java
>Preprocessing /home/ulyses/tesis/UTAH/janos-991105/java/route/RouteEntry.Java
>Preprocessing /home/ulyses/tesis/UTAH/janos-991105/java/route/RouteTable.Java
>Preprocessing /home/ulyses/tesis/UTAH/janos-991105/java/route/WriteableRouteTable.Java
>Compiling route package
>/home/ulyses/tesis/UTAH/janos-991105/java/route/AddressFactory.Java:1: Can''t find class "edu/utah/janos/core/Address" §8
>/home/ulyses/tesis/UTAH/janos-991105/java/route/AddressFactory.Java:1: Can''t find class "edu/utah/janos/core/NoSuchNodeAddress" §8

Thanks again

--
 ____      @@@@   Santiago Eibe Garcia <==> se@ware
|__|_   |@  @@ @    e-mail: seibe@fi.upm.es